June NZ GUITAR QUARTET
Four uniquely accomplished guitarists bring an infectious energy to the concert stage. Recently returned from concerts in Australia, China, Mexico and the USA the NZGQ is building an international reputation that transcends borders both geographically and stylistically.
Their performances of classical, contemporary and world music continues to engage audiences from all walks of life. The NZGQ 2019 AOT programme follows in the footsteps of the popular 2017 tour and will explore a diverse range of genres including Balkan, Brazilian, Persian, bluegrass, Celtic, Spanish and flamenco music.
“Technical brilliance and emotional depth”
– Christchurch Arts Festival
“Sublime musical entertainment”
– Whangarei Music Society
“…nothing less than extraordinary”
– Motueka Music Society
Click HERE for tour dates.
July CARNIVOROUS PLANT SOCIETY
Carnivorous Plant Society tell stories both through music and with custom-made animated projections guaranteed to melt your mind in the most pleasurable way. Led by trumpet and keyboard player Finn Scholes, they coax life from an astounding array of instruments – trumpets, violin, vibraphone, tuba, guitar, synthesizers, keyboards, bass, drums, even the odd vocal and some whistling.
Mexican mariachi mixes with spaghetti western; flavours of futuristic sci-fi blend with bizarre, spine-chilling nuances drawn from Stephen King novels.
“shining, uplifting delight” – John Campbell
“an exotic, cinematic sound of their own, full of rich instrumental flourishes and characterful phrases”
– Lydia Jenkin, Time Out
Click HERE for tour dates.
We are grateful to our sponsors for their continued support.
Arts On Tour NZ is a community-focused agency with a high level of professional expertise and a wealth of experience. We are the pre-eminent touring agency to rural and outlying centres in New Zealand. We provide access to the performing arts for audiences in all three islands (including Stewart Island) by offering an annual selection (Menu 2019) of top-quality performers, promotional material, guidance and tour management to local presenters.
A PDF version of our “Menu” is available for download, however, selections are best made through our online Booking Form. We are also happy to receive applications from prospective performers through our Artist’s Application Form.
- AOTNZ is doing a wonderful job of delivering affordable quality NZ theatre into small towns. CMB’s audience is rapt! ~ Creative Mercury Bay Whitianga
- It so good to get performances of this calibre in our small towns. Thanks so much to you and Arts on Tour for making it happen…Overall I am really pleased about the base of support we are building and we are getting a lot of expressions of appreciation for bringing the shows to town… ~ Hokitika
- I would just like to congratulate you on the fantastic job that you do for Arts on Tour. It is such a great service for small towns like Twizel. ~ Twizel Community Arts Council
- Thanks Steve and your team for such a great variety of events. Keep up the good work. We love this programme of events. ~ Creative Queenstown